Tags: 5halloi, bash, command, date, format, linux, parameters, program, programming, provide, sco, server, unix, yesturday

SCO bash command (DATE) "yesturday"

On Programmer » Unix & Linux

3,218 words with 5 Comments; publish: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:31:00 GMT; (20060.55, « »)

SCO Open Server 5.0.5

Hallo!

I have to use the bash command to provide parameters for program.

My problem is that I have to use date.

To get format "DDMMYY" I use the following command:

DATE=`date '+%y%m%d'`

Everything is ok. The script work correctly ($DATE).

The problem is that I have to get date for yesterday.

But the format has to be the same.

I haven't got PHP or Perl language (was be easy),

And I can not to install.

I have looked to the man for the date command and for same bash command with

out good result.

Maybe somebody know haw to easy provide the date for yesterday (DDMMYY) usin

g bash commands. Or

maybe somebody can write me where I can find solution.

P.s. Sorry, I am not UNIX specialist. I am beginner.

Pozdrawiam/ Best Regards

Maniek

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 5 Comments
    • _.-In comp.unix.shell, Maniek wrote the following -._

> The problem is that I have to get date for yesterday.

The FAQ for this newsgroup covers how to do that.

General rull, if you think that there is any chance in the world that

you are not the first person to ask something then look it up before

asking. It is faster than waiting for a response. In this case a

google or deja search for "date yesterday sh" would have worked just

fine.

.-')) http://asciipr0n.com/fp ('-. | It's a damn poor mind that

' ..- .:" ) ( ":. -.. ' | can only think of one way to

((,,_;'.;' UIN=66618055 ';. ';_,,)) | spell a word.

((_.YIM=Faux_Pseudo :._)) | - Andrew Jackson